Saturday 10th March

Low cloud and drizzle to start, then it dried up but the low cloud continued to hamper flying all day. Many circuits were flown, and Mark C ENW ASW20 sneaked an aerotow into a rapidly closing gap. James was finalising his BI patter ready for next weekend.


Work on refurbishing the showers has started with the demolition crew.

News from Hal Newberry via JB - one of our 16year old first solos from a few years ago, and Exeter Uni member, recent recipient of GAPAN Scholarship:

"Luke has told me you two bumped into each other at Nympsfield the other day, ironically it was the day before my commercial pilots license skills test!
Thankfully I nailed it the first time around on a Piper Seneca. So finally after just over a year of ground school and 130 hours of flying I'm now a commercial pilot:) I just have the instrument rating to go and a Jet orientation course on the B737 sim, should only take 2 more months and then I'll be back!
I've been missing gliding dearly, but as soon as I've sorted myself out with a job it'll be back to the good old days.
Here's a pic you can put up to show just how much DSGC has helped me" - Hal