Sunday 24th - La Motte, Introduction to Paradise


For a bad day, for the region, it certainly felt pretty cool to me. My first launch was a cable break which apparently there have been only four this year. Then my second flight lasted two hours and gave me a tour of the local mountains of La Motte Du Caire. We visited eight in total.
Launching into epicness

During my tour I was lucky enough to fly with a pair of vultures who seemed to be unimpressed with my glide ratio. We then visited the horses who are often found on the edge of a particular precipice, who to me looked like they were contemplating suicide. Probably from all the gliders taunting them how limited their existence is.
Vultures on the port bow

Suicidal Nags


We finished my orientation with some aerobatics in the La Motte Du Caire valley.

JB and Matt remained earth bound moaning with nasty bout of pundititis.

Rowan
Grand Gutiere