Tuesday 10th - Davies Diary La Motte

After a 5 minute circuit , the second attempt to get away was successful. A nice climb to 2500m and then follow the mountain chain- Gautiere, Dormilouse, cross the lake de Serre Poncon, to the Massive des Ecrin.
Here we could see the glacier Blanc , but were too low to enter. Christian then took over and had some sport out climbing some other gliders to 4,300m. We then overflew the glacier and went to the NE side of Roche Faurio and Barre des Ecrin . Control was handed back to me to run the Route des Rois, at 4000 m with the vario on plus 3 most of the way south.
Glacier Blanc. just west of Briancon
Back. via the Parcoure, but as I was slowing up to take a climb Christian took control, full airbrakes to get us low for me to practice  climbing cliff faces at Aurebeun and Authon. A dash back to the field with enough height for a loop and some aerobatics. 3 1/2 hour flight 200k.  Absolutely awesome . - Wyn

Today, I had a late flight at 6pm for two hours. A lovely journey around the mountainous valleys. I improved my thermaling up to the standard needed for this area. I went in the twin astir it's very heavy to handle, I got a blister on my right hand from the stick. As the instructor Mo is French,  I had to improve my French very quickly. He saw a mate who instructs paragliding and he messed around. - Rhodri