Sunday 22nd June

Launchpoint was back at the western end of the field in the light easterly wind today. Contrary to the pessimistic RASP forecast, the thermals started early and were quite plentiful, but not many members.
Josh, Lizzie and Oscar (all junior members) made progress with their training today. 
Ed enjoys his first soaring flight in the Junior

Ed was beaming after Ron converted him to the Junior  and a soaring flight of over an hour and took him to cloudbase at 3000 ft. Paul M flew the Junior for nearly 2hrs 30.

Ian enjoys his 'mile high' flight
Ian was one of today's trial lessons with a 'mile high'  flight booked and he enjoyed flying that bit higher than normal.

For cross-country flights today, John P in SF27 H5 made a second attempt to get to Lasham in a wooden glider, but had to turn back at Middle Wallop due to the poorer conditions further east.
JB flew K6 HEB  round Taunton and Yeovil Reservoir. Rowan flew Libelle CLM round Taunton and Tiverton.  Pete & Jill in DuoDiscus OL flew round Wimbleball Lake, Mudford Gate, and Cadbury Cross.

News from Barcellonette in Alps: Both Wyn and Dylan in LS7 W7 have been checked out and enjoyed their solo explorations,  Dylan achived 133 km today. 

Dylan's first mountain solo. It was a normal day to start off with, thinking that I was going to be doing dual flights for my time in the alps. as I don't have my glider pilots license. Then Jo my instructor at Barcelonnette asked me if I wanted to fly by myself and off I went. I had a good launch on aerotow and I went soaring on the ridge until 9000 ft and the thermallled to cloud base 11000ft and off along the local ridges for nearly 3 hours and came back and landed. After a very nervous start to the flight I was soon relaxed and enjoying it! Hopefully will be XC endorsed soon after I get back to DSGC to have more adventures. Dylan.
First solo in the Mountains
High on O2