Fayence - 27April - 5 May

Took the ferry to Calais on Thursday 27th April evening , camped the night then drove to Fayence on Friday.
For various reasons of weather and doing other stuff I did not get to fly W7 until 5th May.

Very different from flying in the Alps - the mountains around the site are not so steep and they need a good strong wind to make them work. However it is so hot down here that you can run these soft ridges and hit lots of thermals on the way.
Great sky (Wyn Davies)
I spent a day playing locally, then ventured over the mountain to explore the first landout field from the air. This was quite enough for me and I returned to find a wonderful sea breeze/confluence had set up over Fayence and played in that before landing. 
Land out field at La Mure (Wyn Davies)
8th May
I finally really left the site with strong lift and a great cloud base.  Explored the next land out fields at La Mure and Thorame and visited mountain ridges I was familiar with from time spent at La Motte and Barcelonnette. The Alps to the North are very white and look quite intimidating from down south. Whether I will venture up there is yet to be seen, but so far the "lacal" area has much to offer without being too ambitious. - Wyn and Marie